Note: This is cross-posted on the Ghostery News site. Please go there to read the entire post.
This is the first in a series of posts coming this week on the Top Web Bug Trackers we saw at Ghostery last month.
What surprised me:
- Google’s utter domination of the Top 10 list (Google Analytics, Google Adsense, Doubleclick and Google Custom Search).
- Google Analytics coverage is massive and growing quickly. I instinctively knew this but its breadth and velocity even surprised me.
- Two sleepers: Statcounter and AddThis. Their penetration rates eclipsing many well-known services, including some very large ad networks.
- Free: 8 of the trackers are “free” or have “free” versions. With only Doubleclick and Omniture being paid “enterprise” services.
- Open-source inside: OpenAds and WordPress Stats are based on, or are, open source projects.
Read the rest at Ghostery – Top 10 Web Bug Trackers on the Web