I am the founder & CEO of Performable.
Prior to Performable I was the co-founder & CTO of Lookery . Before starting Lookery I started Compete where I was the CTO, now part of WPP [LON:WPP]. Before Compete I was the CTO of BuyerZone, now a part of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: RUK].
5 things you didn’t know about me:
- I was born at Jacobi Hospital in the Bronx, NY.
- I spent the first 5 yrs of my life living in the South Bronx before moving to Forest Hills which is in the borough of Queens (NY).
- I attended 12 yrs of Catholic School, including 4 yrs at an all-boy high school (Our Lady of Mercy + Archbishop Molloy H.S.). Which of course means I am now agnostic.
- I held a string of unrelated full-time jobs while attending college full-time (Queens College). This led to me not enjoying college much; go figure.
- I am 50% Puerto Rican (Dad) & 50% Ecuadorian (Mom)
5 things you might know about me:
- I am married to a superstar, Lise Carrigg.
- We have a baby girl, her name is Caralena and she’s a superstar-in-training.
- Until September 2007 I worked at Compete, Inc. in Boston, MA, USA. (Founder & Chief Technology Officer)
- Places I worked at before Compete:
- BuyerZone (Chief Technology Officer) [Acquired by Reed Elsevier (NYSE: RUK)]
- Lycos (Labs/Research)
- Bolt.com (Founding Technologist, Chief Software Architect) [Acquired by GoFish (OTCBB: GOFH)]
- GirlsonFilm.com/GirlsOn.com (Founding Technologist) [Acquired by Oxygen Media]
- Concrete Media (Founding Technologist) [Dead & Buried].
- Things I like of: Wilco, Sage Francis, The Decemberists, Jay-Z, Death Cab for Cutie, Ryan Adams, Bright Eyes , Apple Hardware, Esoteric Hardware (NeXT cubes , DEC Alphas , etc), Sierra Nevada, Schneider Weisse Hefeweizen, and eating burritos with Lise and Caralena at Loco Cocos.